Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination Guidelines and Form
St. John's Nursing Alumni Association would like to acknowledge the personal, professional and community contributions of its alumni. The Distinguished Alumna Award is presented in recognition of exemplary dedication to the profession of nursing and our school/college.
Criteria for Nomination
- Nominees must be living graduates of St. John's School of Nursing/St. John's College of Nursing.
- Selection is based on exceptional professional accomplishments, including but not limited to contributions to nursing, community/public service, academic achievement, and professional publications.
- Selection is also based on alumni who exemplify the core values of St. John's College: innovation, leadership, competence, life-long learning, justice, mutual respect, stewardship and wholism inclusive of caring, joy and spiritual growth.
- Obtain permission from the candidate and inform that person that an up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae will be required for submission to the alumni board for award consideration.
- When it is known that nominees should be surprised by the nomination, permission of the candidate is not required prior to the nomination and supporting documents can be requested by the Alumni Board when and if needed.
- Submit a brief statement on why you think the nominee should be considered for the award along with a summary of accomplishments.
- Other details or pertinent data that might prove helpful in supporting your nomination include but not limited to documentation of public/professional recognition, articles or books published by or contributed to by the nominee and synopsis of how the nominee demonstrates the College core values.
- Send all the required information to or complete the form link below:
St. John's College of Nursing
c/o Distinguished Alumni Award
729 East Carpenter Street
Springfield, Illinois 62702
- The St. John's Nursing Alumni Association board members will review all properly completed nomination packets and base their decision on content. Decisions are subject to final approval by the Alumni Association President and Chancellor of the College.
- Nominations not selected will remain on file for award consideration each year for a period up to five years.
- The alumni board is not required to select an honoree each year if applicants do not display criteria deemed sufficient to be considered for the award.