Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program
Our Accelerated BSN Program is designed for the student who has already received a bachelor's degree in another field. Certain pre-requisites are required prior to final acceptance into the program. This curriculum flows at a faster pace compared to our General BSN Program. Students will graduate within four semesters, beginning in the fall and attending classes during the summer. Graduation will take place in December the following year upon admission.
The accelerated student shows diligence and commitment as they pursue this route to obtain their Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The curriculum mirrors the courses in our General Program to prepare students to take the NCLEX-RN.
Application & Admission Requirements:
- Completed application. No application fee now through December 8.
- Submission of legal proof of name at time of application.
- Preferred deadline is November 15. Applications accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis.
- Applicants are required to complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) with a score of Proficient or higher.
- Submission of official transcripts at the end of each semester from all regionally accredited college(s) or universities attended showing:
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of designated lower division transferable college credit with a cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0
- A minimum grade of C in all required courses completed. All science courses are recommended to be completed within the last five years prior to enrollment in St. John's College. Anatomy and physiology courses must be taken at the same institution.
- No designated lower division course may be repeated more than once.
- Official transcripts must come from the granting institution directly to St. John's College.
- Two professional letters of reference.
- Personal essay.
- Good academic standing in the last institution attended.
- All applicants with English as a second language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve a score of 560 on the paper version, 220 on the computer based version or 83 on the internet-based (iBT) version.
All information requested must be submitted before the application can be processed.
Criteria for Final Acceptance
To receive final acceptance and permission to enroll in classes, the student must achieve and maintain all provisional acceptance requirements required by St. John's College and:
- Submit official transcripts showing proof of completion of the fifty-six(56) semester hours of designated lower division transfer credits from a regionally accredited university or college which meets the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0
- No designated lower division course may repeated more than once.
- All courses completed with a minimum grade of C.
- All science courses must be completed within the last five years prior to enrollment in St. John's College. Anatomy and physiology must be taken at the same institution.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- Completion of a pre-entrance health examination
- Completion of criminal background check with no disqualifying conditions.
- CPR certification completed the year entering St. John's College
- Proof of medical insurance
- Proof of malpractice insurance
- Proof of immunizations
All applicants provisionally accepted must meet the criteria for final admission before being enrolled in St. John's College.