RN-BSN Online Program
St. John's College of Nursing offers a RN-BSN Online Program for nurses who hold an unencumbered RN licenses and have graduated from an accredited diploma or associate degree in nursing program.
Our RN-BSN Online Program:
- Increases clinical reasoning skills
- Uses best evidence-based practice methods
- Creates a solid foundation for graduate school
- Generates opportunities to advance your career
The part-time plan of study is designed to accommodate working RNs (1 course per 8 week session). Program length is 5 semesters. It is offered completely online. The program begins every August.
Application & Admission Requirements:
- Apply online with a $60 nonrefundable application fee
- Submission of legal proof of name at time of application
- Graduation from an accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program. If graduation was more than five years ago, must have practiced as an RN within the last two years.
- RN with an unencumbered license
- Submission of official transcripts at the end of each semester from all regionally accredited college(s) or universities attended showing:
- Completion of 57 semester hours of pre-nursing curriculum with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum grade of C in all required courses completed.
- No designated lower division course may be repeated more than once.
- Official transcripts must come from the granting institution directly to St. John's College.
- Two professional letters of reference
- Personal essay
- Good Academic standing in the last institution attended.
- All applicants with English as a second language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve a score of 560 on the paper version, 220 on the computer based version or 83 on the internet-based (iBT) version.
All information requested must be submitted before the application can be processed.
Criteria for Final Acceptance
To receive final acceptance and permission to enroll in classes, the student must achieve and maintain all provisional acceptance requirements required by St. John's College and:
- Submit official transcripts showing proof of completion of the fifty-seven(57) semester hours of pre-nursing curriculum from a regionally accredited university or college which meets the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0/4.0
- No designated lower division course may repeated more than once.
- All courses completed with a minimum grade of C.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- Completion of a pre-entrance health examination
- Completion of criminal background check with no disqualifying conditions.
- CPR certification completed the year of clinical courses at St. John's College
- Proof of medical insurance
- Proof of malpractice insurance
- Proof of immunizations
All applicants provisionally accepted must meet the criteria for final admission before being enrolled in St. John's College.
For more information , call (217) 525-5628 or email email@example.com